Basilica-Cathedral of St. Cecilia
Became a minor basilica in 1991 The current Sainte-Cécile Basilica-Cathedral was built from 1933 to 1935 according to plans drawn up by architects Henri Labelle, Eugène Perron, Jean-Marie Lafleur and Louis-Napoléon Audet in 1933, in the neo-Gothic style. The contractors in charge of the project were Deschamps and Bélanger. The structure is made of concrete and the exterior is made of granite from Saint-Samuel and Sainte-Cécile de Witton.
The granite comes from scraps from the Île d'Orléans bridge. The cut stone inside comes from Saint-Marc-des-Carrières and was prepared in Côte-des-Neiges. The church has 1500 seats.
The bells are at a height of more than 35 meters and, higher still, the rooster resting on the point of the bell tower is 70 meters above the ground.
19 Rue de l'Église J6T 1J5 Salaberry-de-Valleyfield Canada